Below is the known issues list for our new DivX Plus software (version 9.x) originally released on November 15th, 2012.
We will continue to update this list as issues are discovered and fixed.
If you come across something that you is not on this list or you believe to be a bug please let us know by creating a new forum topic here.
DivX Plus Player
- • DivX Media Server icon on DivX To Go panel does not toggle colors for On/Off
- • Player my library playlists won’t play files sequentially
- • Player trick play speed indicators have been removed
- • Switching VOD downloading from one to another resumes downloading at 0%
- • Player location not being saved upon close
- • Player keyboard shortcuts not all working
- • Some video files playing back upside down
DivX Plus Converter
- • Pass Through audio is only available for AC3
- • Converter doesn’t support PCM audio
- • For multiple audio tracks, the order is not preserved after conversion when Pass Through is OFF
- • May not support some files with MKV zlib style compressed headers
- • Currently doesn’t support soft style subtitles when SRTs are added
DivX Plus Web Player
- • DivX Web Player interprets custom PAR values in MOV/MP4 containers as Square pixels (MKV/AVI is properly supported)
We would like to thank everyone who have reported issues, bugs and feature requests. Here is a list of known issues that have been fixed since the Beta 9
release and the version they were fixed in.
Please Note: We released an update (v.9.1.2) on May 29th, 2013. Please see below for details:
DivX Plus Player
• Clearing recent videos in Player may not clear(v.9.1.2) • Video size HotKeys are not working when Player in Fullscreen mode(v.9.1.2) • Player in full screen mode mouse cursor not disappearing(v.9.1.2) • Player in full screen mode floating controls are not placed at the very bottom of the screen(v.9.1.2) • Player supports Esc hotkey in full screen mode correctly(v.9.1.2) • DivX Media Server optimized to improve CPU usage when idle(v.9.1.2) • DivX Media Server improved scanning robustness when user “cancels”(v.9.1.2) • DivX Media Server for Mac fixed issue with sharing content for multiple users on the same computer(v.9.1.2) • Player improved seeking accuracy for new playback core(v.9.1.1) • Player crash issue on Mac when resizing several times(v.9.1.1) • Player VOD download issue for specific content hosts(v.9.1.1) • DivX Media Server progress indicator accuracy when scanning your library(v.9.1.1) • DivX Media Server improved MKV seeking for PS3(v.9.1.1) • DivX Media Server upgrade stability for really large databases(v.9.1.1) • Issue for WBShop bundle download(v.9.1) • DivX Media Server Cannot scan the root drive(v.9.1) • DivX Media Server Detection can be lost if idle for long periods of time(v.9.1) • DivX Media Server playback for particular MPEG4/MP4 file(v.9.1) • DivX Media Server improved first time detection robustness(v.9.1 • DivX Media Server improved ability to add new folders(v.9.1) • DivX Media Server scanning of .dll files are now skipped(v.9.1) • DivX Media Server crash on Mountain Lion 10.8.2(v.9.1) • DivX Media Server does not support MKV stripped/compressed headers(v.9.0.2) • DivX Media Server cannot add 2 folders with similar names to list of shares(v.9.0.2)
DivX Plus Converter
• Converter start up time is improved to load faster(v.9.1.2) • Converter improved default bitrate algorithm to reduce filesize during re-encode(v.9.1.2) • Converter crash when dragging multiple files on Mac(v.9.1.1) • Converter Error 2 caused by specific MOV file in Converter(v.9.1.1) • Converter rotation tooltip display when input file matches profile(v.9.1.1) • Converter no longer creates 0mb files after failed conversion(v.9.1.1) • MP4 profile sometimes shows demo logo watermark (v.9.1.1) • Converter support for SSA and SSA subtitles(v.9.1) • Improved TS file conversion capabilities(v.9.1) • Improved Converter response to cancel button(v.9.1) • Converter supports hardware acceleration on Windows Intel Quick Sync for MP4 profile due to quality concern(v.9.0.2) • Input framerates not always preserved(v.9.0.2) • 2 pass encoding is not compatible with ffdshow for MPEG2 video(v.9.0.2) • Converter isn’t retaining the aspect ratio for various input containers and profile combinations(v.9.0.2) • Converter can only create MP3 audio tracks at 128 kbps and is not able to create 192 kbps MP3 audio tracks(v.9.0.0) • Converter cannot successfully convert mp3 audio tracks with a very low bitrate source (anything below 96 kbps)(v.9.0.0) • Conversion fails at the end for VOB in Plus HD profile (Subtitles are not muxed into output)(v.9.0.0) • Converter is not respecting “limit file size”(v.9.0.0) • DivX To Go doesn’t respect aspect ratio(v.9.0.0) • Converter doesn’t recognize MP3 audio for AVI(v.9.0.0) • MKV w/AAC is being encoded to AC3 with 30 seconds of audio(v.9.0.0) • Garbled output for AVI with low bitrate MP3 audio(v.9.0.0) • MP3 audio output defaults to 128kbps(v.9.0.0) • Converter on Mac does not support Perian(v.9.0.0) • Converter only supports multiple audio tracks when Pass Through audio is enabled(v.9.0.0) • Converter doesn’t recognize all VOBs in a folder if .ifo file isn’t present(v.9.0.0) • Garbled output for AVI with low bitrate MP3 audio(v.9.0.0) • MP3 audio output defaults to 128kbps(v.9.0.0)
DivX Plus Web Player
• Web Player decoding issue for HE-AAC audio(v.9.1.1) • Web Player missing skin if width is greater than about 550px(v.9.1.1) • Web Player compatibility for right click context menus in Firefox(v.9.1.1) • Web Player crash for IE9 and IE10 when initiating plugin(v.9.1.1) • Web Player incorrect specific hotkey (Shift+Win+Left/Right arrow)(v.9.1.1) • Web Player VOD issue with green blocks(v.9.1.1)
We appreciate all feedback and look forward to continuing to improve our products with your assistance.